Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LISTENING BAHASA INGGRIS UAN SMA 2007/2008

TAPESCRIPT UJIAN AKHIR NASIONAL (SMA)
BAHASA INGGRIS (D4)
2007 – 2008


Listening Section

In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are three parts to this section with special directions for each part.

Part I

Question: 1 to 5
Directions:
In this part of the test, you will hear some dialogues or questions spoken in English. The dialogues or questions will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.
After you hear a dialogue and the question about it, read the five possible answer and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard. Now listen to a sample question.

You will hear:
Man : How about exercising tomorrow morning?
Woman : Alright. Pick me up at six.

You will also hear
Narrator : What will the man do?

You will read in your test book.
a. Do exercise six
b. Go with six women
c. Take exercise alone
d. Leave the woman alone
e. Come to the woman’s house

The best answer to the question is “Come to the woman’s house”.
Therefore, you should choose answer (e).

1. Man : That looks very bad cut Rina. How did you do that?
Woman : It happened when I was hurriedly slicing the onions.
What happened to Rina?
a. She cut herself very badly
b. She wasn’t given any help
c. She cried while slicing onion
d. She sliced the onion hurriedly
e. She was going to make fried rice

2. Man : We are going to a book fair tomorrow. Do you want to join us?
Woman : I’d like to but I have to finish my assignment.
What will the man do?
a. Do his assignment
b. See a book fair
c. Buy a history book
d. Offer the woman a book
e. Go to the woman’s house




3. Man : Can I borrow your novel? It seems very interesting.
Woman : Sorry, I haven’t finished reading it myself.
What does the man want to do?
a. To buy a novel
b. To read a novel
c. To lend a novel
d. To go to a bookstore
e. To finish reading a novel
4. Man : Can I help you?
Woman : Yes I need some Aspirin.
Which picture goes with the conversation?




a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 4
e. 5





5. Man : Hi. My name is Abdul Rasyid.
Woman : Hi, I am Linda Syntia
Man : What do you do Linda?
Woman : I am a sales girl
Man : Oh, Where do you work?
Woman : I work in a department store
Man : How do you go to work?
Woman : I go by bus. It’s fast.

Which picture shows the place where the woman works?

a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 4
e. 5











Part I
Question: 1 to 5
Directions:
In this part of the test, you will hear a statement or question spoken in English followed by four responses, also spoken in English. The statement or question and responses will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best response to each statement or question.


Now listen to a sample question:

You will hear:
Woman : Good morning, John. How are you?
Man : ……..
You will also hear:
a. I am fine thank you
b. I am living in the living room
c. Let me introduce myself
d. My name is John Travolta

The best answer to the question “How are you?” is choice (a), “I am fine thank you”
Therefore, you should choose answer (a).

6. Man : I called you last night but nobody answered.
Woman : …………….
a. I am sorry I might have been asleep
b. You didn’t tell me
c. I really don’t know
d. It was not my fault
7. Man : I have a problem with my computer. I can’t turn it on.
Woman : ……………..
a. How did you get your computer?
b. Where did you buy your computer?
c. Could you help me please?
d. May I help you?
8. Woman : I’m not feeling well but I have to finish all these documents.
Man : ………………
a. Good job
b. It’s fantastic
c. You must take a rest
d. That’s for a friend this for
9. Man : Should we have Javanese or American food?
Woman : ………………
a. That’s so amazing
b. I really love sate
c. Whatever you would like dear.
d. Never been here before
10. Son : Mom, I’ve been promoted to be a manager
Mother : ………………
a. thank you son
b. I am proud of you
c. You are my beloved son
d. I wonder if you can do it

Part III

Question: 11 to 15
Directions:
In this part of the test, you will hear several monologues. Each monologue will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.

After you hear a monologue and the questions about it, read the five possible answers and decide which one would be the best answer to questions you have heard.







This monologue is for question no 11 and 12

In Houston, the largest city in Texas a dog shot dead a man his own master. This accident happened to Perry Price a Math teacher when he went goose hunting. Having shot a goose, Price left his rifle unlocked at the back of his truck to take his quarry. Meanwhile, his dog Arthur, who was waiting for his master step unintentionally on the rifle exactly on its trigger. The rifle exploded and the bullet shot through the truck and hit Price’s leg. He was taken to the hospital but he died because he had lost much blood. I have been working for twenty years and this accident is the most unusual experience I ever had. It’s not mentioned whether the dog was investigated or put into jail.

11. What is the monologue about?

a. Goose hunting
b. An unfaithful dog
c. An unusual accident
d. A mathematic teacher
e. Chamber County Policeman

12. What is the name of the dog?

a. Arthur
b. Houston
c. Labrador
d. Perry Price
e. Joe La Rive


This monologue is for question no 13
Jakarta is located on the North-West Coast of Java Island, at the mouth of Ciliwung River. It dominates Indonesian Administration, economy and cultural activity, and its major commercial and transportation port within the Asia. The Climate is hot and humid. Rainfall occurs through out the year. The heaviest rainfall is from November to May. The city lies on a flat low plain and is likely to be affected by flood during period of heavy rainfall.

13. Why is Jakarta as reach of flooding?

a. It lies on high land
b. It is densely populated
c. It lies on a flat low plain area
d. The climate is hot and humid
e. It is at the mouth of the Ciliwung River


This monologue is for question no 14 and 15
A friend of mine, James, once has a dog. His name was Muggs. It was big, tall and had strong muscle. He had long hair but short tail. He liked fighting people but fortunately he didn’t fight the family as often as he did the strangers. In his last year, Muggs used to spend all his time outdoors. As a result the garbage man, George, and the laundry man, Andre, couldn’t come near the house. A few months before he died, he behaved strangely. Muggs died quite suddenly one night.
Now James has a new pet, a dog called Brownie, the Cocker Spaniel. It is small and has long ears.

14. What is the speaker talking about?

a. James’ pet dog
b. Muggs characteristic
c. Muggs strange behavior
d. The night when Muggs died
e. Brownie, the Cocker Spaniel

15. What is the name of the garbage man?

a. Andre
b. Muggs
c. James


d. Brownie
e. George

No comments:

Post a Comment